Clauses! 🌲

Adjective Clauses


This type of clauses are dependant clauses and they describe nouns or pronouns.

Examples:

1. My brother, who lives in San José, is older than me.

2. My mom has a friend whose son is an orthopedic doctor. 

Adverb Clauses


This type of clauses are dependant clauses and they can modify a verb, an adjective, or an adverb.

Examples:

1. I can not answer the online test because the lights went out.

2. Before I started styding English teaching, I was in another career. 

Noun Clauses


These are subordinate or dependant clauses and they can be used as a noun, as a subject, as an indirect or direct object, as an object of preposition or as a predicate noun.

Examples: 

1. My cousin is happy where she lives now.

2. My uncle will never forget when he crashed his new car.

 

Comments